A person’s skin tells a lot about their lifestyle and health. It is a reflection of diet, exercise and habits. Make yours give you a glowing report to the world with proper skin care techniques that are both self-nurturing and proactive. Here are six “must-do’s” in regards to your skin:
1) Protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. It is true that our body requires some sunlight in order to get adequate Vitamin D. Be careful not to get too much, however, or you are putting yourself at danger for skin cancers such as basal cell, squamous cell or melanoma.
Wear a broad-spectrum sun screen every day and wear protective gear such as wide brimmed hats, long sleeves, etc. Plan your outdoor time to take place in the morning or evening in order to avoid the highest doses of ultraviolet light.
2) Avoid cigarette smoke. If you smoke quit; even second hand smoke is damaging. Not only is it bad for your lungs, but did you know that it is also detrimental to your skin? Aging and wrinkles occur even in young adults. Smoking can decrease blood flow and deplete the body of oxygen and vitamins. It also breaks down the natural strength, elasticity and collagen.
3) Wash gently with a product designed for your skin type. Avoid excessive heat, chemical additives or too strong of a soap, especially in the facial area. It’s wise to use a fairly mild fragrance-free soap with a bit of softening and conditioning oil in it.
4) Moisturize your face with a product that is appropriate to your skin type. The dryer the skin, the higher the oil content should be. Using the type which includes high SPF sunscreen is a great idea. Drink lots of water. Nothing moisturizers like the like keeping the body lubricated with water.
5) Diet and exercise play a large part in healthy dermis. Foods with high nutrient value will fuel cell production and healing. Exercise sweats out impurities and aids in elimination, both crucial to promoting overall good health and a glowing look.
6) Facials at your local spa will give that extra boost of TLC that everyone can use once in a while. A facial may include steaming, cleaning, extractions, aromatherapy and massage. They can be performed by aestheticians or dermatologists. They will make your face look and feel fantastic.
Follow these six tips and your skin will be giving you glowing reviews. You will look and feel healthier by following the steps to proper care of your skin.